IT Support - Application Specialist - (SQL / Database)
Consultant Dianne Russell
Date posted 07 March 2018
Departmental Objectives The Resource Solutions Technology team aims to provide the best possible support and technology services to Resource Solutions. The technology solutions that we provide enable many of the functions in the recruitment process to be automated and available on-line, and this includes technology for the recruitment teams, their clients, the clients hiring managers, temporary and contractor workers and recruitment agencies.
Application Specialist - 2nd Line Support
The Resource Solutions Technology team aims to provide the best possible support and technology services to Resource Solutions. The technology solutions that we provide enable many of the functions in the recruitment process to be automated and available on-line, and this includes technology for the recruitment teams, their clients, the clients hiring managers, temporary and contractor workers and recruitment agencies.
Background to Role
The Application Specialist will help support the existing team, on-site Resource Solutions staff and external users (clients, candidates and contractors) of the talentsource Application and other 3rd party applications.
- Providing training and user feedback on talentsource applications and other 3rd party technologies where required
- Maintaining and testing of the talentsource E-Learning suite.
- Create and update the training documentation.
- Providing 2nd line application support for Resource Solutions talentsource applications – itrack, ihire, isupply, iris, itime, iapply, idirect and reports
- Prepare SQL database audits of the talentsource database to enable them to be run weekly to check the integrity of each sites data
- Advise on correct usage of the system to the users
- Help to manage data integrity
- Test bug fixes when supplied by Developers
- Test Enhancements provided by Developers
- Escalate problems to 3rd line support and developer if needed
- Conduct site visits and provide onsite support of the Applications, gain an understanding of the users experience of the system and document functionality requirements
- Help design new process workflows for talentsource usage and other 3rd party technologies
- Perform data updates if required
- Running pre-scripted reports for sites where reports have not yet been developed into itrack reporting
- At times, second to the Application Support team to help with 1st line support
- Assisting storm support for new project implementations
- Ensure that Resource Solutions Compliance documents are updated with any changes and are reviewed on a regular basis
- Complete Client Security questionnaires in conjunction with the Technical Projects Analyst and the Technology Director, to ensure that our technology is compliant with client’s requirements
- Attendance at talentsource Focus Group to facilitate user feedback and identify enhancements required
- Maintain a FAQ knowledge store ensuring this is up to date with changes that are made
- Training Experience
- Knowledge of Access
- Understanding of database structures
- Attention to detail
- Good Numerical skills
- Confident, articulate and presentable
- Good Excel skills
- Customer Service Focused
- Knowledge of talentsource applications
- Knowledge of 3rd party recruitment technologies
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Fieldglass