Consultant Liz Boston
Date posted 26 June 2018
Robert Walters Johannesburg are looking for a Resercher who will work alongside a team of experienced recruiters who are specialists in their niche markets. You will be responsible for providing essential data to consultants regarding candidates and all aspects of the recruitment market.
- Identifying business opportunities by speaking to candidates
- Developing an understanding of the market
- Conducting specific headhunting projects as and when required
- Assisting the consultants with their workload when they are away from the desk, on client sites or on annual leave.
- Researching news and developments affecting relevant industry sectors in order to build knowledge and credibility within the market place
- Proactively acting upon information gathered from candidates and research
- Actively promoting and continuing to build the reputation of the Robert Walters brand in the recruitment market place
- Screening CVs.
- Sourcing new candidates for the business using a variety of methods, including headhunting, referrals and job boards
- Presenting candidates during morning review at 8.30 am
- Managing a portfolio of candidates by remaining in close contact with individuals actively seeking a new position and those who may be considering new roles in future
- Creating company maps/profiles for headhunting purposes
- Searching the database with the consultants to match suitable candidates to new roles.
- Conducting telephone based interviews
- Conducting face-to-face interviews with candidates to complete the first phase of registration.
- Ensuring that Profile accurately reflects all business dealings with candidates, including correct coding of candidates and ensuring that files reflect and hold all required statutory up to date information
- Managing the diary for consultants in relation to candidate registration.
- Producing and maintaining consultant reports
- Conducting specific headhunt projects based on a particular job.
- Implementing regularly scheduled candidate and consultant interaction evenings
- Producing up to date client packs using the Internet
- Passing on general press articles
We are looking for someone who Demonstrates the following:
Demonstrates self-motivation and a drive to succeed on a personal and team level. Willing to learn, taking an open attitude to new experiences and situations. Makes an effort to improve knowledge, competencies, ability and performance. Able to reflect on learning to improve personal understanding and develop new knowledge and skills. Considers the effects of their actions, ideas and decisions on the wider team. Understands the relationship between their own function and other parts of the Group. Shows commitment to, and aligns own behaviour with, the objectives, goals, values and culture of Robert Walters.
Commercial Awareness and Understanding
Regularly questions others in order to gain better understanding of commercial objectives. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the organisational divisions and functions of the Robert Walters Group. Consistently keeps up-to-date with competitor information, market trends and legislative changes. Seeks and verifies key information needed to make appropriate decisions and carry out their job effectively. Recognises their contribution to the team and division and understands long-term company objectives.
Understands results are important and focuses on delivering them through achievement of personal work goals and objectives. Shows determination to make things happen, even under pressure. Follows tasks through in detail to deliver quality and precision, checking work and information for accuracy and completion. Demonstrates a tenacious spirit to overcome obstacles in order to achieve results.
Demonstrates the ability to work harmoniously in a team environment. Ensures their own work is always done efficiently and effectively using core Robert Walters processes and procedures. Engages and develops positive relationships with others internally and externally and understands this underpins their ability to achieve results. Relates well to people at all levels. Prepared to ask others for help and work together to support the delivery of objectives.
Creative Problem Solving
Able to use initiative and knowledge to ensure maximum efficiency in delivery of results. Able to identify connections and trends between situations and events to begin building knowledge for action in the future. Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit and thinking. Recognises the value of new opportunities and their strategic importance to the long term direction of the company.