HR and L&D Officer
Consultant Liz Boston
Date posted 03 July 2018
This role offers the opportunity to gain exposure to key stakeholders across Robert Walters, becoming a key contact within a business with an international footprint. You will gain skills and experience of tasks undertaken when running a successful multi-site business, promoting personal development and progression within the HR field. The role’s core functions will cover: * HR Advisory activity * L&D Administration support and training events management * Overall process support to Robert Walters’ employees in their on-boarding and development
This role will work within the UKMEA & Group Functions HR team at Robert Walters, with scope across both employee relations casework and L&D and administration, supporting both the on-site HR Business Partner and Learning and Development Manager.
Robert Walters require an HR and L&D Officer who is passionate about HR; retaining, supporting and developing talent, with a committed and approachable character and demonstrating the relevant skills below to ensure we are providing a great service to our stakeholders to continue to build our HR brand across the business.
- Provide excellent coaching, support and advice to employees and line managers across a range of employment and regulatory issues and Robert Walters policies and procedures including:
- Performance management
- Flexible working applications.
- Employee engagement
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Arrange and facilitate meetings, providing guidance on policy and procedures to Managers and Directors on disciplinary, performance management, grievance issues, including investigation and formal hearings where required.
- Maintain and review HR policy and procedure guidelines, to recommend improved amendments to support managers
- Support the administration, file management and facilitation of employee relation cases, maintaining employee records according to policy and legal requirements
- Recognising, creating and maintaining new best practice for HR and L&D - in both manual spreadsheets/ information trackers and software related processes.
- Managing training workshop availability, and employee nomination and confirmation of attendance
- Managing version control of training content and surrounding material
- Reporting on employee data, including training workshops attendance and employee performance.
- Administrative tasks around printing, collating, laminating, training material and managing email inbox for queries and bookings
- Slide generation for any basic presentation needs, and branding / formatting any created content in Robert Walters format
- Supporting the development and management of HR initiatives and systems and L&D offering to the business
- Partnering with other national/ international offices and the HR Team to help implement new programs, process and/or policies.
- Assisting in the coordination and execution of any training and development programs.
- Present required training preparation and follow up actions via email to learners
- Working with key stakeholders including Directors and Managers to ensure training workshops are supported
- Promote and market Robert Walters’ training offering to the wider business
- Collecting and reviewing training feedback and evaluation to support ongoing development of the training offered
We Are Looking For Someone Who:
- Is passionate about people and their role within our organisation
- Has a high level of integrity and discretion to maintain confidentiality in matters, with strong ethics and reliability
- Has willingness to develop in the role, with a proactive and problem-solving approach
- Has proven experience as HR officer, Administrator or another relevant HR position
- Has knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Is proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Has outstanding planning, organisational, attention to detail and time-management skills, with the ability to recognise and flex time to business-critical activities.
- Has a collaborative approach, with a team player mentality and customer orientation
Apply now or call Liz Boston on 0207 509 8414 or email Liz.Boston@robertwalters.com to find out more
Robert Walters are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. We are committed to creating a diverse environment therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, gender, race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin. We look forward to receiving your application.