Location New YorkFULL_TIME
Consultant Kira Lom
Date posted 04 March 2019 2019-03-042019-05-03 recruitment-consultancy New York New York 7 Times Square, New York, NY 10036 US 10036 USD 50000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com
The Junior Accountant will support the accounting management team by providing support for each of the financial areas outlined below for all four US/Canada entities.
- Post all accounts receivable items to Excel tracking sheets and update cash receipts postings to the financial system. Perform account allocations for all Debtors.
- Perform all Accounts Payable duties, including purchase order tracking, invoice matching, posting invoices to Excel files and preparing AP and CD files for posting to the financial system.
- Oversee revenue assurance compliance per Group policy. Maintain Excel placement files for the three Robert Walters entities.
- Prepare and manage the headcount postings in accordance with the costing rules all localities in the companies operating locations.
- Assist in the production of the monthly management accounts packs including any necessary reconciliations and the preparation of P&Ls.
- Other duties reasonably within the capabilities of a taff member in this position may need to be performed from time to time, in addition to or instead of the above duties.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate at all levels and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy is essential along with strong time management skills.
- Ability to use typical analytical, problem solving approaches with the ability to provide support to other team members as and when needed.
- High level of communication and interactive listening skills with all staff.
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Advanced knowledge of working in Excel Spreadsheets is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous knowledge of the recruitment and RPO industries.
- Should have dedication and strong work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting and one to two years’ accounting experience.