Senior Consultant - Financial Services
Consultant Liz Boston
Date posted 27 June 2018
Robert Walters Johannesburg are looking for a Senior Consultant who will be a prominent figure within the team, working with clients, managing and developing relationships and creating new business opportunities. You will be a consistent high achiever, winning new business and acting as a role model to other consultants. The Senior Consultant will also mentor less experienced colleagues within the team and may also deputise for their Manager when required.
- Generating revenue by making candidate placements
- Generating new business by networking, gathering market information and making business development calls
- Organising and attending meetings with prospective clients
- Developing existing relationships
- Sending CVs to clients, either for existing roles or on a speculative basis
- Working closely with their Manager to continuously develop relevant business areas
- Representing Robert Walters at meetings with new clients in order to win new business
- Understanding the company’s terms of business and negotiating (within pre-agreed parameters) on fee rates to secure exclusive relationships and retain existing business
- Managing and closing complex deals and assisting other team members with the same
- Upholding and demonstrating Robert Walters corporate values and selling our unique and value-add services
- Regularly selling print and digital advertising for roles in the relevant trade press
- Identifying opportunities to develop the wider business
- Handling accounts and taking responsibility for key relationships
- Managing client relationships and expectations at all times
- Problem resolution
- Maintaining and exceeding SLA’s that are in place with our clients at all times
- Developing and implementing short-term and long-term recruitment campaigns on behalf of clients
- Professionally and effectively managing the recruitment process from beginning to end
- Writing and placing job advertisements and producing weekly mail shot literature
- Ensuring only high quality candidates are put forward to our clients for interview
- Providing market updates to clients and colleagues
- Sourcing, selecting and matching candidates with appropriate positions
- Organising and coordinating interviews with candidates and fully briefing candidates regarding roles
- Ensuring regular contact with candidates by providing feedback and communication
- Presenting candidates during morning review at 8.30 am
- Deputising and leading in the absence of the team Manager
- Providing guidance to other team members on all aspects of recruitment, including any procedural questions
- Supporting the Manager in identifying team and individual areas for development
- Leading candidate reviews as and when required
- Mentoring less-experienced fee earners (and other team members) with regards to business
We are looking for someone who:
Is Results Driven - Knows which results are important and focuses on delivering them through the achievement of personal work goals, objectives and revenue targets.
Has Commercial Awareness and Understanding - Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the different requirements of each client group and is able to link these to Robert Walters products and services in order to meet specific needs.
Has Self-Management - Plans ahead and works in an entrepreneurial, organised and professional way to exceed expectations. Continually endeavours to improve the company and the quality of contribution from themselves and others.
Is People Focused - Acts as an exemplary Consultant, maintaining a high profile in their team, division and business and raising the standard for other Consultants to follow.
Has Creative Problem Solving - Anticipates and manages day-to-day recruitment issues and challenges in a confident manner alongside the Manager. Investigates to find root causes of issues and problems, thinking laterally and generating innovative solutions to these and escalating where appropriate.