Human Resources Business Partner
Location Sandton, GautengFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicky Morkel
Date posted 05 June 20192019-06-05 2019-08-04 recruitment-consultancy Sandton Gauteng Green Park Corner, Morningside ZA 2196 ZAR 560000 620000 620000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com https://www.robertwalters.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Human Resources Business Partner will work closely with line-managers and directors whilst managing the HR Advisor and Payroll Administrator. The development of the assistants and line management is a vital part of the role.
- To manage existing HR systems and be pro-active in updating and developing them further.
- To support all business managers with day to day and strategic human resources issues.
- Work closely with line managers to ensure consistency of approach to staff management issues across the business.
- To deliver management training for new managers and further training in response to need.
- Manage the HR issues associated with SA Labour legislation
- Advise and support managers with performance management and misconduct issues including attending performance management or disciplinary meetings or coaching HR Advisor.
- Advise business on issues of diversity and conduct training on this topic.
- To work with the UK head of HR review benefits package and retention policies in line with both the competition and the businesses overall HR strategy.
- To ensure current legality and best practice or all employment contracts.
- Take responsibility for introducing new employment law and keep the business informed on legal issues which affect both the business as an employer of its people but also as a manager of contractors.
- To develop, up-date and implement HR policies and procedures including disciplinary and grievance procedures and employee information on intranet.
- Assist with management of the company benefits including health scheme, pension scheme, save as you earn, gym membership and other salary sacrifice schemes.
- Oversee and manage work of internal recruitment and training/ development advisors in line with current and projected business needs.
- Implement, manage and ensure current best practice of immigration compliance processes.
- Review and manage the appraisal process.
- Provide HR advice and oversee HR processes and practices in the South African offices.
- Support managers and HR representatives of other overseas offices with advice as needed.
- Managing new employee induction, along with the training advisor.
- Responsibility for coaching and development of direct reports and supporting the wider HR team.
- Manage long term illness issues.
- Liaise with external legal advisors where necessary.
- Support business with resourcing strategy including managing redundancy process where necessary.
- Manage entire monthly payroll for +-200 Employees in conjunction with Payroll company
Educaiton & Skills:
*5-7 Years in an HR Management/Business Partnering role
*B Com Degree in Human Resources.
*HR experience in a commercial multi-site consumer facing organisation, with a proven record of managing and implementing change effectively and with strong professional credibility with senior managers.
*Proven experience in managing all HR systems and procedures.
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
*Experience in Retrenchments in accordance with Section 189
*Knowledge of SARS tax regulations and SAGE Payroll system.
*CCMA Experience Conciliation up to arbitration
*Excellent knowledge of South African Labour legislation
*Experience in Occupational Health and Safety Act
*Accredited SDF (Skills Development Facilitator)