- Record performance with profit before taxation increasing by 26% (16%*) year-on-year. Net fee income grew across all of the Group’s regions and 15 countries delivered record performances.
- Opened in four new countries – Canada, India, the Philippines and Portugal. Three new offices also opened in existing markets – Antwerp, Penang and Toulouse.
- 69% of Group net fee income generated outside of the UK.
- Asia Pacific net fee income up 22% (6%*) to £117.6m (£101.8m*) (2015: £96.3m) and operating profit up 13% (0%*) to £14.7m (£12.9m*) (2015: £12.9m).
- Japan, our largest business in the region, delivered a record performance with bilingual professionals in high demand and short supply.
- Australia delivered solid net fee income growth and New Zealand produced a record result.
- Market conditions in Greater China remained challenging.
- Thailand, Indonesia and Taiwan delivered particularly strong performances.
- UK net fee income up 8% to £86.7m (2015: £80.4m) and operating profit up 4% to £6.4m (2015: £6.2m).
- Candidate and client confidence impacted by EU referendum however activity levels remained positive across commerce finance and the UK regions.
- Resource Solutions produced strong net fee income growth benefiting from the significant investment made during the first half of the year.
- Europe net fee income up 30% (15%*) to £60.1m (£53.2m*) (2015: £46.3m) and operating profit up 27% (19%*) to £4.2m (£3.9m*) (2015: £3.3m).
- France, the region’s largest business, the Netherlands and Belgium all had record years with contract and interim recruitment delivering particularly strong results.
- Spain, Switzerland and Germany produced the strongest growth rates, all increasing net fee income in excess of 40%.
- Other International (North America, Brazil, the Middle East and South Africa) net fee income up 22% (3%*) to £14.0m (£11.8m*) (2015: £11.5m) and operating profit up 36% (16%*) to £1.0m (£0.8m*) (2015: £0.7m).
- Group headcount of 3,229 (2015: 2,916).
- Final dividend increased by 21% to 6.2p per share (2015: 5.13p).
- 7.3m shares purchased in 2016 for £22.6m at an average price of £3.10. Since 31 December 2016, a further 2.1m shares have been purchased and cancelled at an average price of £3.79 for £8.0m.
- Strong cash generation with net cash of £22.5m as at 31 December 2016 (31 December 2015: £17.8m).
*Constant currency is calculated by applying prior period exchange rates to local currency results for the current and prior periods.
The Company will publish an interim management statement for the first quarter ending 31 March 2017, on 11 April 2017.
For further investor information visit our website: http://investors.robertwalters.com/
Robert Walters plc +44 20 7379 3333
Robert Walters, Chief Executive Officer
Alan Bannatyne, Chief Financial Officer
Newgate Communications +44 20 7680 6550
About Robert Walters
Robert Walters is a market-leading international specialist professional recruitment group with over 3,200 staff spanning 28 countries. We specialise in the placement of the highest calibre professionals across the disciplines of accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, HR, IT, legal, sales, marketing, secretarial and support and supply chain and procurement. Our client base ranges from the world’s leading blue-chip corporates and financial services organisations through to SMEs and start-ups. The Group’s outsourcing division, Resource Solutions is a market leader in recruitment process outsourcing and managed services.